Diabetes is a medical condition where the body fails to process blood sugar or glucose in a normal way, it is the world’s fastest-growing chronic disease. Every day, 62 Queenslanders are diagnosed with the condition, two people with type 1 diabetes, and 60 people with type 2 diabetes.
Here a few steps you can take now to lower your chances or control Diabetes;
- Instead of using Salt for flavour : Opt for Herbs, Spices, Chilli & Garlic
- Avoid Alcohol intake
- Instead of going for the ice-cream for desert : Make a Fruit Salad Sundae – Strawberries, Mandarins and Bananas are beautifully sweet this season topped with Natural Yoghurt and crushed Cashew nuts
- Time for your afternoon Coffee hit? : Try Herbal Tea instead – Green and Jasmine tea are packed with anti-oxidants and give you a great energy lift
- Try and wake up half-an-hour earlier than usual and go for a walk around the block – you will be amazed how much more energy you having during the day
- Instead of driving to work, catch a train or bus and walk to and from the station and work
- Take the stairs instead of the lift or escalator
- When dropping the kids off to school, park the car a few streets away and walk with them to the gate
For advice on medical issues you should always consult your health professional.